Today I ventured out with Mark and Avery to do a little shopping. We went to Target and I got settled in my motorized chair and we headed out to do our shopping. Avery proceeded to tell me, "Nana getting to ride in this chair is an advantage of being old!" I laughed out loud and told her we needed to think of some of the ways we have advantages when we grow older. We came up with some together and then I pondered it for a while and have added some of my own.
- I have slowed down. When I was younger I felt I had to walk fast, eat fast, sleep fast (By slowing down I see more that I must have missed before. I take more time to reflect on what I am actually looking at.
- I get senior discounts.
- I don't worry about how I look in a bikini
- I don't have to shave my legs as much as when I was young (it left my legs and headed for little goofy places on my face)
- I am better at Trivial Pursuit than a lot of my juniors. (I have lived through a lot of the questions and answers)
- I am not stressing out about what I will get into for a career. (I can remember times when this was a huge focus of my life)
- I enjoy being peaceful and quiet (When I was young it seemed like I needed a circus going on to keep me going)
- I have a grand child. This has changed my life.