Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Avery's Trip to Hawaii

A few weeks ago Avery got back from her wonderful trip to Hawaii. Her daddy got married on the beach at sunset. Here he is with his new wife Yo. She is Japanese and they live in California.
Avery and Daddy Neal

Before the ceremony

The happy couple

Byodo-In, Valley of the Temples in Koolau
Avery said there were really cool bunches of Koi. I will show some of those pictures later. Lots of pidegons that are so tame they land in your hand to eat.
Lily Pads at the temple
Don't they look like a special painting by Monet?

Grandma Ann and Avery on black sand beach

Sea Turtle at Black Sand Beach

Grandma Ann and Avery on Big Island on our balcony

Grandad Steve and A.T.

Gardens at Big Island

An amazing rainbow outside Avery's room

Lava field

Sleeping on the Big Island with Curly and Berry(the stuffed animals)

An offering to the volcano goddess Pele

View from balcony on Oahu (right on the beach)



Kilauea calder
This was a trip of a lifetime and Avery is so appreciative to her grandparents to take her on such a wonderful adventure. She is here with me today because she was so sick last night vomiting and running to the bathroom a million times. She said several kids in her class have some sickness and are out. She has missed so much school going to Hawaii we pray she doesn't get in trouble. But when you are sick...you're sick.
We have just been on the couch watching Disney channel and living the dream. I'm drinking my water and chill-laxing.
I will post more pictures later. I hope you are having a great day. BTW, it's taking some of my employees 3 hours to get to work in the morning. It's a nightmare in Atlanta and they are expecting more rain.
I have been taking naps and reading. I guess I didn't realize how really tired I am.
Did you realize they show The Suite Life of Zac and Cody eighty five times a day? Have fun.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like an amazing trip!

ChaChaneen said...

Aaah the Hawaii pictures are beautiful and I agree with you about the Monet picture, beautiful! Glad to hear your both resting too. I've got kids so I know about the Repeated Disney stuff but it's better than most of the garbage on tv today. Even the commercials are crossing the morals lines.... Irks me. Lol

Betsy Brock said...

Those lily pads are amazing...just beautiful. That black sand beach is really unique, too! You are right...the trip of a lifetime!
Sounds like if you were well, you might not have been able to get to work anyway! Rest up..

xxoo

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful pictures of Hawaii. I had never heard of black sand beach. Looks like you all had a great time.

Maggie May said...

What a wonderful trip. I love the photos.
The bride seems very tiny and she is very pretty.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I do hope Avery is better soon. There is a lot about & I hope she doesn't give it to you.

steviewren said...

I'm sorry Avery is sick, but I know you are happy to be able to keep her company. How long will you be off work adjusting to your new stressless life?

karen said...

Sorry to hear Avery is feeling under the weather. Nice that the two of you are having a day together. :)

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures. Lovely. Love you, Trish. Praying for you...

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Trish!

What a wonderful trip that Avery had! I've always wanted to visit Hawaii ...hopefully someday!

I'm sure if Avery talks to her tracher about all the time she has missed and offers to do soem extra work to catch up she won't be in trouble. Teachers realize "life' happens --even for young ones!

Hope she is feeling better today!

Barb said...

What a wonderful experience for her.
The photo's make me want to just jump on a plane and head to Hawaii.

I hope Avery is feeling much better now.

Love ya,
Barb