Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Grade School Pals

Kyla Jo and Patti aka Trish
Here's a picture of my friend I hadn't seen in about 45 years. We went all through kindergarten, grade school and the first year of high school before I moved to Florida. Kyla now lives in Florida herself and she was on the way back up to Indiana for a high school reunion. It was such a strange feeling seeing someone that many years later. She looks great. I do have to wonder what the deal is with our lips. I must research this whole shrinking lips phenomenon. If anyone has any theories please let me know.
I decided I have talked about Avery in pretty much all the posts since last week. I tell myself that I will not obsess about her, but to be quite honest....I still keep thinking about her a lot. She didn't get to go hiking on the crater yesterday due to rain, so today they are doing the big hike.
Tomorrow they will fly to Honolulu. Can we all say FUN?!
I am watching Billy Graham Classics. I love watching him preach. He has always kept his message so simple and easy to understand. I saw his daughter, Anne on Fox News this morning and she has a new book out about Abraham. It sounded really interesting. I hope that Mark, Avery and I can go up to the Billy Graham Library this fall. I feel as though I have known him my whole life and I believe I will feel such a loss when he passes away. I would love to meet him in person someday, but probably it will be heaven before I get to talk with him. He has devoted his life to sharing the Word and bringing others to Christ. What a wonderful legacy he will leave.

8 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

What a cute picture of you and your childhood friend! Glad you enjoyed your visit!

The shrinking lips must be a common problem...hence the collagen injections! ha-ha! But please don't do that...I'd take thin lips over those fake puffy ones any day! LOL!

Knitting Mania said...

Well how fun is this...meeting up with an old school pal. Wow Trish what a great photo of you guys.

Thanks for your recent visits and your sweet comments. I'm pouting today because Dustye and Ed left early this morning. They just called and made it to Elko NV this evening...I'll see her in about 3-4weeks when we return to Cali. Glad we're still here though and loving our fresh air, big sky, and mountains!!

Blessings~~~

steviewren said...

Love the picture of you two.

Why oh why do our lips have to shrink instead of our hips?????

a woman who is said...

It is okay to obsess with me...I am the Queen of Nana obsessing me thinks :/

Too funny about the lips...hmmm I am going to have to check mine out =D

Maree said...

Love the photo..frame that one! My daughter is always telling me to open my eyes when she takes pictures of me..guess my eyes are disappearing!

I have always said I want "It Is Well" played at the funeral too..for the same reasons.

I adore Billy Graham...memories of mama singing in the choir when he would come to Louisville and her excitement to do so...."Oh, love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure—
The saints’ and angels’ song."

Before you know it Avery will be home!

Sparky said...

That's a great photo of y'all! It's wonderful to keep connections with all our old chums.

I think the "shrinking lips" phenomenon might be weight gain? If one gains a lot in ones face, it can make the lips appear thinner. Just a theory of mine. I tend to gain in my hips, thighs and backside. [sigh]

My husband says that he was led to Christ via a televised Billy Graham crusade. Billy has done some great work for Christ. He's always 'kept his skirts clean' too.

ChaChaneen said...

I love the picture! You both look beautiful!

I'm a fan of Mr. Graham too. My Man and I worked at his crusade when he came to California probably 10 years ago, it was great!

Unknown said...

What a couple of cuties!