Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday at the Movies

This was a special day. A and I spent the whole day together. She's only 8, but she is a good conversationalist and keeps me laughing. She's such an old soul. We went to a birthday party at a bowling alley. She bowled a 98 and was thrilled. She's only been twice so I was happy for her. Then we were off to see Narnia-Prince Caspian. We both loved it and didn't want it to end. It's a lot of fighting, but I have told her about the symbolism and I think it's great to see good win over evil. So much of our world tries to make evil into something attractive and desirable. Hooray for C.S. Lewis!

So now I've taken her home and they'll be leaving early in the morning heading for the Magic Kingdom. We'll be heading to church and then out to eat. I start my adventure with the animals tomorrow so that should be somewhat challenging. I'll sign off and head to bed. I hope everyone is having a delightful weekend.

1 comment:

Lavinia said...

My teen daughter saw Caspian today and loved it. I read the lion the witch and the wardrobe but none of the other books of the 'series'. In fact I didn't even know there was a series.

Still haven't seen the first movie......going to the cinema pretty much fell by the wayside over the past several years...

Interesting expression "Old soul". Is that a British saying, I wonder?