Thursday, May 22, 2008

Prayers for a devastated family

I just learned that Steven Curtis Chapman has lost a daughter due to a horrible accident. The poor family must be beside themselves. We need to all pray for them. I truly can't imagine the pain they are all feeling. He had adopted her and she must have had such a wonderful life with them. All the pictures I have seen of them look so happy and warm. May God surround them in this sad time. His music has been such a comfort to us and I pray we can lift up prayers for he and his family, especially the son in the accident. May the Lord show him that it was truly an accident and that as long as we're in this world there will be so many tragic things, until He returns or takes us home, as the song says.

2 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I know.......I'm praying for them too!! My heart has been sooooo sad today for them.

Lavinia said...

Words cannot express or convey...the depth of sorrow this poor family is experiencing right now, and likely for the rest of their lives.

Lord, hear a mother's prayer....