Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Grand Opening

This is a pretty big day. Yes, me starting a blog. Who would have thought? This, shall we say, is a challenge for someone of my age. Not that I'm old, of course not. I just have had a few more birthdays than some of the other bloggers that I enjoy reading. Sometimes I feel like I'm younger, but then I am reminded as I try to do some of the things I used to do in days gone by. Thank the Lord I can still go to work every day and I feel as though my job is meaningful and it is so rewarding. I help people to see again and that's such a blessing. My friend, Brenna, at Expressions of Grace encouraged me to get going and said it wasn't too hard. I will take it in steps and I hope to make my blog somewhere that is fun to visit. I'm going to my daughter's house all next week to stay with her animals while they go to Disney World. I'm so happy for A, my granddaughter, she has never made a trip to the magic kingdom and we want her to go before she's too old to appreciate all the stuff. Of course, there's so much for everyone I am happy for them to get to go. I plan on reading, and relaxing. Later.

5 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Hooray for you!! I'm so glad you decided to jump on in! It's a lot of fun and I can't wait to read more!

nanatrish said...

You are the very first visitor. You should win a prize. When I see you someday I will give you a prize! I will start writing something that makes sense tonight. Please pray for my granddaughter and daughter. They both are sick with high temps and they're supposed to leave for Orlando this weekend. :(

Unknown said...

Yea Trish! This is going to be so fun for you!

Barbara said...

Congratulations, you are up and running. Before you know it you will be addicted as the rest of us.

Hope your family get well in time for the trip to Disneyland.

Just for the record I do not come back to the comment list to look for a reply from you. Ive noticed that a few people have started to do that now but it would take forever to revisit all the commenting sites and then I would never get to the new comments.

Technonana said...

Love the blog... love that you gave your granddaughter a chance to go Disney World... I took a trip with one of my daughters and her son to Disney when he was 3, it was great to be there and share his excitement!!! A month after we returned we found out she was expecting again, they will be taking them to Disney World for Christmas, I will not be going this time... but I will be here with my others precious grandchildren. I know they will have a great time!!