Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Apology from Whiney Girl

I must apologize for the last blog. I was really whining about my hair. Then I got a call that we had to get ready for an emergency surgery and it put my hair in perspective. I seemed to hear a little voice saying,"Vanity, vanity thy name is Patricia!" I might as well get it out there. I struggle with accepting how I look and thinking I need to look a 'certain' way. You would think after 40 plus years of trying to decide where the balance is I would have it down. Well, I don't. I know the Lord loves me whether I'm chunky or skinny, but somehow I can't accept myself as thick. I don't want to be obsessed with it, but I find that if I'm not I just get out of control with the sweets. Well, so much for all that. I did feel guilty about putting it out there that I had this major problem with my hair. When it grows a little more I will just slick it back and stick a little hairpiece on the back and away I'll go. After all I don't have a photo shoot tonight or anything. BTW I'm happy for David Cook. The other David will have a great singing career. Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lavinia said...

Bad hair day? Been there and done that! From the time I was young, I needed to be like the proverbial lion tamer with a whip and a chair to get the mop in order.

Pregnancy changed my hair for good. By that I mean, for the worse.

Before, it had some semblance of curl or wave, but after daughter was born, my hair turned into "electrick socket pouf explosion".

I have cut my hair short many times in my life, but it grows so fast...and so outward...that I now keep it longer, so that I can put it back and up in either an updo or a braid on a daily basis.

It's a battle, to be sure. I hope you are having a better hair day when you read this!