Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pull the Plug or Never Give Up?????

I went to church last night and we had a great session where the senior pastor sits at a table and is asked questions that the congregation has emailed about a specific subject. It's very interesting and he is brilliant so I often hear things in ways I have never thought of in my whole life.

He has memorized most if not all of the Bible and has a PhD in counseling and theology. He's very humble and I just enjoy hearing his view on things. Well, last night he was getting questions such as, "What if you feel like you have made a wrong decision, what should you do?" He answered that, "Pull the plug, if something is not working, try another avenue." Then later when someone was asking about feeling they can't go on with things, he was talking about never giving up. Life is such a constant decision of what to do and what not to do. I know this isn't very profound or anything, but lately I have been thinking about my posts not being very interesting at all. I love blogging, but I read some of the most clever posts on my friend's blogs and I can't help but think, "Trish, you have what sounds like a very mundane life."

I was talking to Avery the other day and I told her that perhaps I could be a secret agent. No one would ever suspect a senior arthritic plus sized super model. It, of course, doesn't help that I really don't like guns and I can't move very fast. Maybe I could get the scoops. Of course, in crowds I don't hear that well, so I may have to ask the bad people to speak up a little so I could hear their clandestine conversations from the next booth.

You know what, maybe I better pull the plug on the whole secret agent career. Ya think?

10 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

No, no, think Miss Marple! You'd be fabulous, Trish! (giggles)

Barb said...

stay upbeat,most of the time I think my blog is boring but I like the secret agent thing,I have always dreamed of being a rock star but I cannot sing or dance hey a girl's gotta have a dream....Barb

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

That is so funny. I tell my kids all the time that people trust me because I'm gray haired, late middle aged, and getting plumper every time they increase my insulin. :)

Yes! Miss Marple, I can see a new career for you.

Betsy Brock said...

I like you just the way you are! :)

steviewren said...

Never give up on your dreams!

I've always harbored the desire to be Nancy Drew. A girl's gotta have her dreams, doesn't she?

ChaChaneen said...

Oh my stars, your so funny! I'll just call you Nancy Drew!

Girlfriend, CONTINUE TO BE AN INDIVIDUAL!!!! Don't judge your blog to any other one... don't change a thing... remember when I said PRAISE GOD for ladies like you for young foolish ladies like myself who learn SO MUCH FROM YOU! I meant it~! Don't make my fly all the way out there to Atlanta or where ever you are this week. ha ha ha

Unknown said...

Big hugs and kisses to you, Nana Trish. And no, my life is not always peaceful! But it is loving. xoxo

Ruthie said...

Oh that is so funny - thanks for the smile it gave me!

prashant said...

I have always dreamed of being a rock star but I cannot sing or dance hey a girl's gotta have a dream

Work from home India

a woman who is said...

Just keep blogging girlfriend...we like you :)