Sunday, February 21, 2010

Finally Warmer Weather

Here's a picture from last year when it started warming up. This is what Mark and Avery were doing yesterday, playing at the park, but they were riding their scooters. It feels like spring and it's a wonderful relief.

I got to go to church here in Atlanta this morning and it was like a slice of heaven. The worship and music were off the charts and the preaching was dynamic. I felt like I could be lifted up any second. God is so good and He is bringing me through so much these past few weeks. Fighting with pain is exhausting. I feel guilty mentioning it because some of my sweet friends have it much worse than me. At least I can go to work everyday and at times I do get some relief from the pain. Wednesday my anti-inflammatory will be back in stock and I will be a happy girl to get back on my medicine. It has been back ordered for weeks and the doctor tried me on another type and I'm probably repeating myself, but the indigestion was horrible. I only took it 3 days and back to same old, same old. Thank the Lord He has given people the wisdom to discover what can help suffering.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. I just went to the laundry mat to do a load of clothes. I hadn't been in years and it was an experience. I won't be back to SC until Friday so I had to have some fresh clothes. Did you know it costs $3.50 and $4.00 per load of wash and 25 cents for every 8 minutes of drying time? What happened to 25 cent and 50 cent washers? Bless those people's hearts that have to always use the laundry mat. I felt so blessed. Sometimes I think He puts us in situations so we can stand back and say, "Thank you Lord for what you've given me." I'm always thankful, but this brings you into a different reality.

I pray you are all having a great weekend. I'm sleepy so I'll stay at work for a couple of hours and then head to the apartment. Life is so good!

5 comments:

ChaChaneen said...

Aw great memories of Spring!! I pray that you'll be feeling better this week and feel the relief of meds. Continued good luck for your meeting too. It's raining here today but I'm enjoying it.

steviewren said...

Wasn't all the warm weather nice for the soul? I've felt so much more energetic. Glad your meds will be in soon. Hope they help you feel better right away.

Betsy Brock said...

I feel the same way after going to church...it's good for us, isn't it?

Hope you meds come in on time! Enjoy the spring weather...I don't think we'll be seeing any until April! :)

a woman who is said...

Yes, I am doing a lot of thanks to the good Lord myself today.

Maree said...

Hidy....I just guess LeAnn deleted her blog for about the maybe 7th time...the last time she came back she pleaded with everyone to give her second ?? chance. Your guess is as good as mine!

Yea!!! For warm weather!! I smell spring in the air!!