Friday, February 19, 2010

Frosty in South Carolina

Last Friday night we received quite a bit of snow in South Carolina. Avery loved it and played and romped in it. She and her daddy made this snowman Saturday morning and I think it looks great. It's so seldom that we get snow that we all get giggly. I know, those of you in the north are thinking, Whoopee. It's different for us and Avery is certainly scrunching up her eyes from the sun.

I'm staying in Atlanta this weekend as we have a mock inspection tomorrow and I need to get prepared for it. I wanted to let you know that I finished the Guernsey Literary and Sweet Potato Pie book, or whatever it's called. I know I picked up that book about 20 times and would start and couldn't get very far with it. Then I saw where my friend, Brenda, from Coffee, Tea, Books and Me said it was a keeper and that got me determined.

I believe all the letters back and forth from different people kind of threw me. I usually think in pictures and it kind of blew my mind getting it straight who everyone was. Well, I kept going and I loved it. It's such a sweet, tender story. The writing is great and post WWII. Avery had questioned why it was so hard for me to read. She reads a lot of historical diaries and she thought it must be similar. Well, it's not. I needed to get it straight every time who was writing or receiving the letters and I must have some kind of learning issue.

Project Runway was neat last night. I didn't get to watch it last week so I got to watch the redo and Anthony from downstairs won the challenge. He's a hoot in person, so it doesn't surprise me how excited he gets with everything. I feel like I practically know Heidi Klum by knowing Anthony.

I will be putting a storyboard together next week for my business trip to Palm Springs on March 1st. At least that will be something a little different from my everyday stuff. We have been working on a collaborative project for the past 3 years and I need to show our project accomplishments. I'm telling myself it will be fun, fun, fun. Right.

I think I'll head to my apartment. I have such a challenge with my laptop so I thought I would post while I have a computer that is fast and easy to manipulate. I hope you guys have a great weekend. I believe I'm rambling at this point, but I'll try to zoom around in bloggyland tonight and catch up with you guys. I've been working too much and need to chill.

9 comments:

ChaChaneen said...

Yea, snow! How fun! It's even rarer to get it here in California! Mostly rain these days and when I look out the window I see it's getting ready to come down again this weekend. No prob... I'm having a tea party this weekend and we'll have a grand ol' time! Wish you were here to play with us! Good luck on your inspection this weekend and as you prep for your meeting next week! Your all going to knock their socks off! :)

Edie Marie's Attic said...

I love snowmen!! Avery did a fabulous job on her creation! We had snow in Ohio everyday for about 14 days... that's quite enough. I would imagine kids are in awe when it snows that far south.

Have a grand weekend! Sherry

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I actually had the same problem when I first started the book. It's different than 88 Charring Cross Rd. because there are only two people usually writing those letters (vary rarely another bookstore employee).

Once I got use to the rhythm of the letters, it was then fun to read. Can you believe that was her first book?

Barb said...

Cute pics and I will have to check out the books.... Barb

Indian Lake Papa said...

No snow here! But it has been cold - today finally made it to 70!!

RNSANE said...

I had to adjust to this Georgia cold weather! It was so nice the last couple of days in San Francisco. It's not to bad here in Columbus, though. I am just wearing a light jacket at night and only a sweater during the day. I understand Atlanta had snow last week but I missed it.

Your snow man is cute!!

Knitting Mania said...

Wow you guys did get some snow. Wonder how California Brenda is doing with all of this? Hmmmm

Nice to see your new look on your blog Trish.

Bless you~~~

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
steviewren said...

I read in the paper that Anthony was originally from Birmingham. Small world. I loved the dress he made.

I hope you feel better soon. Being in pain makes it hard to do anything. I admire you for keeping on keeping on.

Don't work too hard.