Thursday, July 31, 2008

I've Been Tagged for Songs

I've been tagged by my friend, Steviewren, and the challenge is to list 5 songs that I am embarrassed that I enjoy. This is the most clever tag and really got me thinking. So here goes in no particular order:

Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine-this always takes me back to the late sixties and early seventies. I got to see the play "Hair" in London and I thought the music was great. Knowing who I am now it probably would seem strange to people that I would enjoy this. I was definitely not a hippie.


The Star Wars Theme--I love the Star Wars movies and I know there is a stigma to people that enjoy them. I love the whole good vs evil theme throughout them. My husband got me into them and Star Trek. I would have to say Harrison Ford was my favorite character.

Henry the Eight, I am by Herman's Hermits--this is another song that takes me back to the 60's. I thought it was such a darling song and I sometimes still get it locked in my head. You know the part, "Second verse, same as the first". So many pop songs are depressing now, there were lots of cutsey songs in the 60's.

Stop in the Name of Love by Diana Ross and the Supremes--My girlfriend Pam and I stood in front of her big bathroom mirror and sang this with the hand motions along with her 45 record about 8 million times. Of course, we had brushes for microphones. We were so cool. I think we called ourselves tuff back then.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T by Aretha Franklin--this was a song of my youth that had the most wonderful beat, in my estimation. I just think this is a neat song and have thought it for over 40 years. I admit it's not something you would hear in the most sophisticated settings, but it's a fun song.

I took away the one originally I had put down. It sounded braggy and that is the last thing I want to sound like. Sorry.

Now I have shared mine. Here's the rules:

1. Post the link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 songs that you are embarrassed to admit to others that you like and tell why.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post.

This was fun and it took me all day to figure out what songs I would not be thrilled about others knowing I liked. You are supposed to link the songs to YouTube, but you know if you are reading this that I am somewhat computer challenged. I'm thrilled I've figured out this much.

I am now tagging, Ruthie at Just Ruthie, Sharon at Techno-Nana, Maggie at Nuts in May, Barb at French Elements, A Woman Who Is at In A Garden. Have fun!

14 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, those are all good ones! Any of those could very easily get stuck in my head for days! :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Fun songs Nanatrish! I loved Herman Hermits when I was about 12...Peter Noone mwade me swoon...lol!!!
I'm working on this tag too! I hope to get it up tonight but oif not then tomorrow morning.

Technonana said...

I don't see anything wrong with these.... not sure that I have any... but I will try!!!

steviewren said...

Nana, I tried to find one to post by the 5th Dimension that I loved. It was the preamble to The Declaration of Independence put to music. I know the preamble, but only if I sing it thanks to the 5th Dimension. I had 2 of their albums, The Greatest Hits from 1969 with Aquarius and Let the Sunshine In and Portraits from 1970. I saw them in concert once. Loved them!

All the rest of your choices bring back fond memories too. Love them all.

Knitting Mania said...

Sounds like a fun tag...I had to chuckle at some of your song pics.

Your tag choices are good, I'm looking forward to see what "In a Garden" picks, since she's my sis!

Have a great FRIDAY...

Erica Hanks said...

I think our husbands would get along great! We are big John Williams fans here! Star Wars, Indiana Jones, ET, Harry Potter....good music all around!

Barb said...

Oh My Nana Trish,

Several songs come to mind right away. I'll probably post tomorrow. I don't know how to link to youtube either. Maybe someone will help the two of us.

hugs,
Barb

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I did the tage too Trish! There were so many songs to choose! I'm sure you'll remember some of mine.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Pat

Strider said...

At least you didn't put down the "Partridge Family!"

sandy said...

That was fun to read, I use to enjoy all of those.

lesliereid said...

What's wrong with me?! I like those songs and I'm not even embarrassed about it. :)

Lavinia said...

Hey, I like most of these songs too! "Stop in the name of love" is one of those songs that makes you do all the hand motions that the Supremes did when they sang it!

Vee said...

That was fun! I think that I've been tagged for this one by Pat so I must figure out what I spontaneously break out singing where everyone in the room yells, "STOP!"

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

I always loved Herman's Hermits - remember Hernando's Hideaway? My sis and I loved to sing that. And I loved Henry the Eighth too!