Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not so easy to become more mature...

Just a word about my poison ivy. The doctor had another dr in the practice come in and examine me with her. I have an acute infection in addition to the poison ivy. I would not wish this on any living being. They put me on a broad spectrum antibiotic and steroids.

This is nothing compared to so many afflictions that people have, but when you are burning and itching and the sores are weeping, you start to wonder why this had to happen. I realize that as long as we are on this earth we will encounter pain and suffering. It's just that when it becomes prolonged it starts wearing on your nerves. God is in charge and I want Him to teach me what I need to learn.

I hope this doesn't sound like a woe is me blog. I read that multiple thousands have lost their homes with earthquakes and floods. Dear friends have cancer and brain tumors and I am not trying to say this is like their ailments I think it just is hard at times to understand James 1:2,3,4"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

I suppose that maybe I needed to rethink how mature I am. There are immature areas in my life and perhaps this is what has needed to be brought to my attention.

Please Lord, mold me and make me what you want me to be.

5 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Nana Trish!
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment! It's always nice to know someone is reading it. Hope you visit again, and it was nice to meet you!

I know what you mean about becoming "mature"! I'm turning 55 soon and I have the aches and pains to prove it, but life is still wonderful and every day is a gift from God.

I hope your rash goes away soon....ouch!

Pat

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

A good friend of mine has developed a rash picked up from "something" biting her when gardening. She is also on antibiotics and Benedryl.

I know it has to be terrible when you are itching all over, especially if it keeps you up at night!

I keep telling my husband that anyone in pain (even if it is "less" than someone else) feels it deeply. In this case, anyone itching!!!

Lavinia said...

Dear Nanatrish, I am ever so sorry to hear about the state of your poison ivy! That is really too bad, and thank goodness we have access to medicines to make it all better and go away. You are right, there are others who face far, far worse trials. And I do find that any kind of suffering I endure brings me closer to God, but I will tell you that I am so heartily glad when it is over!

I hope your p.i. clears up very very soon.

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Pat,Brenda and Lavinia, thank you for your kind words. The doctor changed my antibiotic because now they think I am allergic to it. She also gave me some medicine to help me sleep and stop itching. It still burns and hurts, but I am used to arthritis pain and at least this is bearable. Thank the Lord I am doing better. Thanks for all your prayers and concern. Trish

Technonana said...

Who's mature??? I don't plan on being that until, God willing, I'm 80. But maturing spiritual is a wonderful thing when God is our teacher!!