Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Lost Claim to Fame

Now I'm happy. I had a different background on here for a few hours and it just wasn't me. I am much happier with the water. This is the real Nana Trish. I want to thank Drama Mama for hooking me up with the free blog background. I feel much better about it now.

Here it is Thursday night and I need to clarify something I wrote about in a previous blog. I mentioned that as a little girl I had written a letter to Marilyn Monroe and she wrote me back. Well, my friend LadySlipper suggested I scan it and we could see it. Unfortunately, the letter has been missing for over 45 years. When we moved away from Indiana most of our personal items were destroyed. It's a story for another time, but that was one of my treasures. It was a brief note of only a couple of paragraphs, but it was so special to be able to think she had written back. I told her how pretty I thought she was and told her I would like to be her friend. She said some kind words and also sent an autographed picture. I would have them framed and it would be a happy day. But nooooo I have no clue on this earth where it is. Can we say goofy?

I know it was real and the Lord knows she sent it to me, but I can't prove a thing. She was so fragile. Many have imitated her, but she was the original blond bombshell to me. She made some bad decisions, but haven't we all at one time or another?

2 comments:

Lavinia said...

Oh nanatrish, I'm so sorry that such a valuable treasure was lost! Oh dear, very sad that it went astray/destroyed.

Marilyn was so special. I do so enjoy her movies, especially Gentlemen prefer Blondes, and Some Like it Hot. She had quite the gift for comedy.

Yes, she made bad decisions, but this was the era of the studio system and she was caught up in that....

Nevertheless, whether you have the letter in your possession or not, the fact remains that she did write to you, and that's the important thing....its a very sweet memory...

Barbara said...

Just caught up with your posts and learned a lot about you through your tags.