Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finding Balance

I seem to have a challenge with finding balance. I want to keep 'in the know'. I want to be aware of what's happening around me and in the world. I have lately felt like it is a little overwhelming to know all that information. I enjoy Fox News, but lately there has just been too much going on for me.

I was on a kick of watching HGTV for a while. That took my mind off the negative news, but then I watched so much fixing up that I was a little frustrated because I couldn't run out and fix up my house and apartment. See I need moderation.

I now sit here in the quiet without my television on. The last story was on human trafficing and that was the final straw. I am just going to look at blogs, read my Bible and chill out. I don't need to know all the crazy stuff going on in this world. The quiet gives me peace and I can pray more and think on good things.

5 comments:

Barb said...

I know how you feel,I don't watch our local news much because my husband is a police officer and it keeps the worry down and the national news sometimes makes me worry so I read or do things around my home....Barb

steviewren said...

I get news overload sometimes too. I also get people overload. I usually hibernate on the weekend because I need to be alone. I wish I would get "need to clean my house" overload. That way it might get cleaned up!

Enjoy your quiet night.

Anonymous said...

I think most people struggle with finding the balance in life.

Devoted said...

Overload is a syndrome many of us are experiencing...to much evil, to little love; to much uncertainity, to little security. Isn't it nice to know that we can take comfort in the Bible and the hope and peace the words written there bring? It is nice to commune with the Lord, the One who is in control. When all the world seems out of balance...He is our center. God bless you, sister, and may you find rest for your soul.

Unknown said...

Oh how I hear ya. I was in full overload a couple of years ago and started minimizing my media consumption. Now we don't have cable, don't get the paper, and I read a bit of new of the internet, enough to keep up. It's helped a lot!