Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why am I looking back??

This was me at 40. It was right before I met my husband. I was at a medical convention and I was having a super time in New Orleans. BTW I love the food, art and gorgeous buildings in New Orleans. Today I was thinking back to the person I was at 40. It's not my birthday or anything, I just was wondering if I had any clue that my life would be so different in 2010. I really don't think so. I had tons of energy and went brisk walking nearly every day. I was divorced with a teenage daughter. I guess I'm just going to look to the future. The Lord has blessed me and I have so many wonderful friends. I just kind of wonder what I'll be doing 20 years from now. Do you do that too?

7 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I remember being happy to turn 40 (it was 30 I had a hard time with, for some reason).

It was before I had developed a chronic illness plus I my oldest was in college and my youngest only 5 years old.

I just didn't think about a day coming when my daughter would live far away and my son would be turning 21.

It's a good thing I didn't know what was coming as we were about to experience some of our most difficult years of illness, unemployment, losing our dream home, and two separate years with no income. But it all turned out okay. :)

Betsy Brock said...

I think we all do that! Some times I'd like to go back...and some times not so much! LOL! lately I just take it a day at a time! The picture of you is beautiful! :)

Anita said...

I think we all look back at times and wonder where the years went. My oldest daughter just turned 50...unbelievable! Oh yah...that makes me 71!

RNSANE said...

Forty was not a good time for me, really. I had my third son ( my second was born when I was 38 ) - I was in a terrible marriage that began five years earlier and I had an inkling that things were going to go from bad to worse ( they did ). I'm glad I coun't see what was ahead!

Barb said...

Hi Nana,

I do look back. It can be comforting to see how far we have come spiritually. I hope all is well with you my dear friend.

big hugs,
Barb

Knitting Mania said...

I do...and it's fun to remember your past...but more fun to think about the future and wonder what God has planned for your destiny!

:)

ChaChaneen said...

I definitely do that Trish!