I was tagged by my very neat friend, Cynthia at Muse Swings. I have been asked to list 6 unspectacular quirks about myself. This was a challenge figuring out if these are really quirky. I hope this is what I'm supposed to do. If not, sorry, I'm doing it anyway. Here goes:
1) I had an imaginary friend, Jimmy, up until I went to kindergarten. My family always teases me about whether he's still around and if I still see him. Of course not, but I can certainly remember exactly how he looked with his disheveled brown hair, freckles, red and white t-shirt and blue jeans. I remember he was always sweet to me.
2) I cannot stand to watch people eat popsicles or ice. I can't stand the sound. It is one of the most disturbing sounds to me.
3) I have a thing about escalators. I saw a man killed on one when I was 12 and it has left a very lasting impression on me. I realize elevators can be dangerous, but at least you are closed in and you aren't seeing the fall.
4) I love red hair. Long, very curly red hair is so beautiful to me. Why didn't I dye my hair and let it grow out when I was younger. I would look like I had lost my mind at this age trying to pull it off. My alter ego is Nikki and she has, of course, long, thick, red curly hair. Oh yow, she's thin too.
5) I once kissed Enos, the deputy, from Dukes of Hazzard. He was signing autographs at a car show in the heyday of the show. I asked him if I could kiss him and he said yes. Afterward, he turned red and looked surprised. He was a good sport. He just acted goofy for the part. I thought he was delightful.
6) I absolutely love office supplies. When I buy new office supplies I feel like I have a fresh start and can tackle my work better with these new writing instruments and new paper.
I must add that I have a quirk in common with Stevie Wren at a little birdie told me so. I am also extremely challenged when it comes to walking without falling. In high school I used to fall up the stairs and embarrassed myself so many times. I would comfort myself (and still do) with the little saying that "we all have special gifts, being real coordinated is not one of mine." I don't know, maybe that's not a quirky thing, but a defect. Bless our hearts.
I will pass this tag onto 6 of my friends. Please list your quirks and pass it on to 6 of your friends. I always enjoy learning more about my bloggy friends. Later, Nikki aka Trish
I tag Ruthie at Just Ruthie, Maggie at Nuts in May, Sherry at Edie's Attic, Barb at French Elements, Vee at A Haven for Vee, A Woman Who Is at In a Garden. These are some bloggy buddies that I always enjoy visiting.